Exploring Science Through Flight
This one-of-a-kind program takes aviation concepts to 6th grade classes across Oahu. Students learn the essentials of flight and then “fly” our large-model P-40 simulator. A portable wind tunnel demonstrates the movement of wind over an airfoil, and some tabletop experiments help students understand Newton’s 3rd Law of Motion and the Bernoulli Principle. All of this is provided at no cost to the schools.
- Offered year-round
- Aligned with Hawaii Content and Performance Standards
- Conducted by a specially trained team of Barnstormers
- Presented right in your classroom, library or multi-purpose room
- Targeted toward ages 11-13 and grade 6 students
- Designed for 25 students per session with up to 3 sessions per day
- A minimum of 75 minutes per session
Students Explore the Physics of Flight through:
- Manning the controls of a World War II-era P-40 model airplane
- Flying a wing in a wind tunnel
- Participating in activities that demonstrate the scientific principles of flight
Reserve your Barnstorming Tour today:
- Complete the Reservation Form located here.
- For more information, contact the Barnstorming Manager at 808-441-1012