The Frank Der Yuen Aviation Scholarship
The Frank Der Yuen Aviation Scholarship offers financial grants to Hawaii residents who have been accepted or are enrolled in an aviation-related program at an accredited trade school, college or university. Awards will be made without regard to gender, race, religion, or national origin.
The Scholarship Committee is accepting applications for the Fall 2015 round of grant awards. Applications from qualified individuals must be submitted by September 30, 2015. Follow the instructions below to apply for a grant.
- A completed application, two recommendations, and a written essay.
- Proof of acceptance or enrollment in an aviation related-program at an accredited trade school, college or university.
- Complete the written application.
- Prepare an essay of no more than 2 pages (single-spaced, 12 pt font) answering the following questions:
a. Why are you pursuing this aviation program?
b. What goals do you hope to achieve through this program?
- Obtain a letter from your trade school, college or university verifying your acceptance and/or enrollment in an aviation-related program.
- Obtain two (2) letters of recommendation from non-family members. Each letter must include the name and contact information for the reference.
- Submit completed application, written essay, letters of recommendation, and proof of acceptance/enrollment to:
Pacific Aviation Museum Pearl Harbor
ATTN: Frank Der Yuen Aviation Scholarship
319 Lexington Blvd
Honolulu, HI 96818
OR application packages may be submitted by email to:
NO OTHER APPLICATION MATERIALS WILL BE ACCEPTED OR REVIEWED.
- The complete application package must be received by September 30, 2015. Incomplete packets will not be considered.
- The Scholarship Committee will review all complete applications submitted by the stated deadline. Grant recipients will be contacted in writing no later than November 1, 2015. All decisions made by the Scholarship Committee are final.
- Financial awards will be made payable to the applicable educational institution. Awards can be used for tuition, fees, books, and other education-related expenses.